A message to our customers:
- At KURANDA we have a long tradition of integrity and service. These are a part of our Company's core values, and are reflected in the way we serve our customers each day.
- This privacy statement reflects the policy of all of the entities that make up the KURANDA family of companies in the United States, as listed below. It describes how "nonpublic personal information," which includes customer and financial information, may be collected and shared, as well as the steps we take to protect this information from unauthorized access.
- This policy applies both to current and former customers, and is designed to comply with the privacy provisions in Title V of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, as well as applicable federal privacy regulations.
We take great care to safeguard your customer information and to ensure its accuracy.
- We limit employee access to nonpublic personal information to those who need to see this information in order to serve customer relationships. Employees are educated about the importance of privacy in accordance with our Standards of Conduct Policy.
- We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with all applicable regulatory standards to guard your nonpublic personal information.
- We strive to maintain complete, current and accurate information about you and your accounts. If you request a correction to our records, we will respond in a timely manner.
We collect customer information so we are able to offer you products and enhance the service we provide to you.
We collect and maintain nonpublic personal information in order to:
- Service your accounts and process your requests efficiently and accurately.
- Identify you and protect your accounts from unauthorized access or identity theft.
- Inform you of financial services and choices that can meet your needs now and in the future.
This information may be collected from a variety of sources, including:
- Information we receive from you on applications or other loan or account forms, such as your name, address, and financial information.
- Information we receive through your transactions or experiences with affiliates within the Kuranda family of companies, such as your account balance and securities holdings.
- Information we receive from outside companies, such as a credit reporting agency or real estate appraiser.
We may share information with nonaffiliated third parties who are acting on our behalf.
We may disclose all the information we collect, as described above. Information is shared with nonaffiliated third parties only when those parties are acting on our behalf, or as required or permitted by law. These third parties may include:
- Service providers who provide support services to help us administer your financial relationship. They may include check printers, data processing companies, companies that prepare account statements, or companies that help us market our products to you. These companies are legally obligated to maintain the confidentiality of the information we provide to them, and are restricted from using this information for any reason beyond the performance of specified services on our behalf.
- Companies who work with us under joint marketing agreements to provide you with financial services that we do not offer ourselves but we believe may be of interest to you. In such cases, we may share information we collect, as described above, but only as necessary to offer these services to you. These companies are legally obligated to maintain the confidentiality of the information we provide to them, and are restricted from using this information for any reason other than what is specified in the agreement.
- Other parties as permitted or required by applicable law. These may include, for example, government agencies in response to subpoenas and other legal processes, consumer reporting agencies, or those with whom you have authorized us to share information.
Within the KURANDA family of companies, information may be shared in order to service your relationship and meet your financial needs.
The KURANDA family of companies works together to help you achieve your financial goals. We may share information among our affiliated companies to process your transactions, or credit approvals, as well as to offer you additional financial services that may be of interest or value to you. As listed in this statement, the KURANDA family of companies encompasses a number of different banks and companies that provide a wide range of quality financial services, including mortgages, investments, and insurance. In order to evaluate your needs and to introduce you to additional financial services, we are permitted to share among these companies information about your transactions, account history or other experiences with us.
In addition, we may also share within our family of companies non-experience information. Information received from applications or outside sources such as credit reporting agencies is considered non-experience information. Under the Fair Credit Reporting Act, you may advise us that you do not want us to share this non-experience information within the KURANDA family of companies, by completing and mailing the attached Opt-Out Request Form. Please allow a reasonable period of time (up to 90 days) for us to process your request. Whether or not you choose to opt out, we may share identifying information and information about your transactions and experiences within the KURANDA family of companies. Even if you choose to opt out, you will continue to receive statements, statement inserts and other account information, but you may not receive special offers that could be of value to you from other affiliates in the KURANDA family of companies.
Bank of America
Fair Credit Reporting Act Opt-Out Request Form
Account Type(s) Account Number(s) (e.g., mortgage, checking, etc.)
Please complete all information in this form, cut it out and mail it back to us at the following address:
KURANDA FINANCIAL MORTGAGE INC
617 W. Lancaster Ave.
Strafford, PA 19087
Please exclude me from non-experience information sharing within the KURANDA family of companies as described above.
APT. NUMBER _____________________________________________________
ZIP CODE __________________________________________________________
SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER ___________________________________________
(Required to process your request)
Please provide a telephone number that we may use to contact you if we have questions: